Years passed before I attempted my own white chicken chili... I found a recipe on Pintrest, tweaked it in a few areas and my oh my... My tastebuds were DANCING.
So I am here today to share with you this lovely recipe.
Ingredients (takes 4 to 6 hours to cook in crockpot)
1.5 pounds uncooked chicken breasts
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 can (15 oz) DRAINED white beans
2 cans (11 oz) canned mexicorn (corn with peppers)
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso green chiles (for mild) OR ortega fire roasted for spicier (for the record I prefer the spicier! I also add an extra cream cheese pack to tone down the spicy... don't tell anyone ;) )
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onion
- Lime slices
Shredded Mexican Cheeses
- 1. Turn crockpot onto high heat.
- 3. Drain and rinse white beans.
- 4. Remove chicken into separate bowl. Shred with forks. Return back to crockpot.
5. Add cream cheese (or cream cheeseS in my case occasionally hahah)
- 6. Let cream cheese melt into chili and stir until mixed.
- 7. Mix chopped cilantro in right before serving.
P.S. I'm much better at updating my instagram (and instagram stories) so follow me there @britneymunday. Thanks for reading!